Firmware and Audible Click help

Home Forums Ask your question Firmware and Audible Click help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    NomadicInfluence
    Participant

I have an xDuoo TA-10 and have two questions I need help with.

The first is that I can’t seem to get the firmware update to install. The xDuoo USB control panel says the firmware version is v6.C5 so it’s definitely out of date. The XMOS firmware update program says it cannot detect the device, however. I’ve tried multiple clean installs and on other devices. From what I can tell from looking at the program’s .xml files, the device’s VID (0x152A) and PID (0x8807) is not listed as supported.

The second is that every time the amp switches to Play mode, the device itself makes a loud clicking noise which causes my headphones/speakers to make an audible popping noise. This happens anytime the amp goes from an active to idle state and also also sometimes happens when I switch applications (which I assume has to do with playback rates). I am concerned that this is going to eventually damage my headphones and/or speakers.

Thank you for your help!

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi,

1. the VID(0x152A)and PID(0x8807)is the newest version, you can check the driver V4.67 if it can be recognized your TA-10.

2. Is this clicking loud?

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi, IMancini

some apps need to be set the output device, if has this option, set it to xduoo audio

IMancini
    Participant

On the apps where I can set the output (i.e. foobar), it doesn’t work properly. I can get it to work by forcing it to play through my speakers first and then switching the output on windows back to my headphones. But if I try it straight to my headphones I get an error.

foobar

error

I can change the output directly to my headphones or use the “primary sound driver” and the result is the same. But if I want to end up hearing the music I need to use “primary sound driver” so that I can force it to work by playing it through my speakers first.

On apps like Spotify, there is no way (that I know) to control the output. So if I want to get them to work I, again, have to play the music through my speakers first and then swap my output on windows to my headphones.

IMancini
    Participant

I’m having the exact same issue.

The amp also seems really finicky with some apps (imo due to the driver). For example, I just started a movie with VLC and no audio was coming out of my headphones. I had to switch to my speakers as the output, start the movie, wait to hear the sound, and then switch back to my headphones output.

I definitely think the drivers desperately need an update.

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hello, we have never had this problem with foobar. You email me, I’ll send you a foobar setup manual

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.