Sony WMport to USB A Audio Cable (X-C05)

Home Forums Ask your question Sony WMport to USB A Audio Cable (X-C05)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    aakash06
    Participant

Hi,

I am unable to connect my Sony Walkman WM1A with iFi Hip DAC using this cable that I very recently purchased. When I connect the DAP with DAC, The DAP screen shows ‘USB Audio’ however there’s no sound output that comes out of the Hip DAC. The DAC works fine with other devices like Computer or Phones. Please can someone show me a way to resolve this.

Thanks

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi, can you ask IFI if the USB port of IFI hip DAC needs 5V power supply? Our X-C05 has no power output, because our USB DAC product’s USB decoder is  power from battery.

aakash06
    Participant

Hi

i shared your question with IFi Support and following is their response:

“The USB A on the hip dac is data only and the unit is then charged via the USB C for a better sound, so there is no interference from the power, so there shouldn’t be an issue with Xduoo’s response”

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi, Okay, then you try the following methods:

1. Connect the cable first.

2. Turn on the amp

3. Turn on the SONY WM1A

4. Play music and listen to headphones

aakash06
    Participant

Hi,

I tried the suggested steps in the order they were mentioned – But the problem remains, no sound.

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

We will check with IFI dac  and reply you later

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi, we have checked the IFI HIP DAC board, its USB signal input has a chip that needs 5V power supply, but our X-C05 cable does not have 5V output, so it won’t work.

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi, you can buy SONY’s WMC-NWH10 cable, this cable can output 5V, then it will work. It just consumes more battery power of your sony player

aakash06
    Participant

Sure that will be a great help! Will wait for your response.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.