TA-10 DAC doesn’t work after firmware update

Home Forums Ask your question TA-10 DAC doesn’t work after firmware update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kuiper
    Participant

Hello, I have a TA-10 amp, and for a while the amp would intermittently turn off when the data stream was lost. I’ve had periods with no audio, and the data stream would remain, or just cut out. I figured this was maybe a firmware bug, so I had decided to update the firmware.

Following the instructions here, https://www.xduoo.net/forums/topic/xduoo-ta-10-usb-driver/

I had checked with my serial number, and used the “TA-10-A2″ firmware recommended in the post. I pushed the firmware, it said it was completed successfully, I exited the software, and power cycled the AMP. Then I did the USB driver install. Once I had restarted my computer, I had no audio output from the TA-10. I was worried that maybe the firmware update had blown out my headphones, or the tube I had in the AMP. Swapping both, I saw no change. I figured then, maybe it’s a driver issue with Windows. However, Windows still recognizes the AMP, and the AMP recognizes a data stream. I still swapped computers, to one without the TA-10 drivers. It picked them up from a Windows update, and was recognized but again, no output. Today, I connected some RCA cables to the AMP, and have output bypassing the Xduoo DAC. Today the AMP works, but I need the DAC.

Is there a way to roll back the firmware? Also the XMOS software used to push the firmware no longer recognizes the AMP/DAC, but the Xduoo control panel does. I’m in a very weird position, I don’t want to RMA the AMP, but I might have to.

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi

Can you open the bottom cover and take a picture for me? Let me confirm which version of TA-10

Kuiper
    Participant

Sure thing, I’ve also included the serial number since it may help. Unfortunately, I don’t see any identifying markers on the board.

xDuoo official
    Keymaster

Ok, we will contact you via email.

Dimberko
    Participant

Hello, can you share the solution if you got one? I have the same problem regarding Xduoo-TA10… I’ve created a post on this forum, but it is still waiting for a moderation for 4 days so it is not posted yet…

xDuoo official
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

In most case, in order to fix this issue, we will send you a chip, and you need to solder the chip by yours. Shall we contact you via the email address you left on the forum directly to solve the issue ?

Dimberko
    Participant

Yes, contact me via my registration email please.

xDuoo official
    Keymaster

Ok, we will contact you asap.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.