XD-05 Plus Op-amp rolling options

Home Forums Ask your question XD-05 Plus Op-amp rolling options

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    NightFoxXIII
    Participant

What kind of opamps can you roll into this, size-wise?

I have a V5i from Burson Audio and is nice, but don’t see anything when it comes to size restrictions especially for other components when you’re running single or even dual opamps.

What’s the height restrictions or even length or width restrictions so it doesn’t bump into other components?

Do you also have instructions for rolling out the single opamps? Your manual isn’t clear and has to reference online to find out for the dual part.

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi, the V5i-d(Dual channel chip) can be installed;but the v5i-s(Single channel chip)   which is a little difficult to install, but it can be inserted obliquely, some users have done this.

The maximum size is like the size of v5i

NightFoxXIII
    Participant

Ok, great.

So the V5i is working great at the moment and I love the fact that you can (sort of) roll (almost) all opamps into this.

Is there a way I can put the Sparkos Labs SS3601 (x2) or SS3602 (x1) onto this? It seems weird that the capacitor is in the way on the left side but the right side has so much room.

Lastly, if a beginner (like me) were to remove that, solder and relocate it, would that be possible or not?

(This might be a consideration for revision in future updates on the PCB design. Making more room on the sides of the PCB so the opamps can fit)

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Yes, you can buy a new capacitor to replace it, let it lie down

NightFoxXIII
    Participant

So here’s the capacitor it’s rubbing against with the SS3602 (I might just get two SS3601 since it might fit in height wise), but what type of capacitor is there if I need to get a new one or resolder this individual one?So here's the capacitor it is rubbing against

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi, it is NICHICON’s KW(M) electrolytic capacitor, the specification is 22UF/50V.

it is the filter capacitor for the positive power supply of the op amp.

NightFoxXIII
    Participant

In the future. Would you be able to follow-up on making custom taller larger cases to fit the SS3602? Was able to fit it with a DIP8 riser but has to be uncased. If you can add maybe something like 8-10mm that’d be fantastic.

NightFoxXIII
    Participant

Sorry for a late reply, but for future iterations of this, is it possible to have a higher ceiling for the case for the Xduoo XD-05? This is an amazing DAC and when switching to the SS3602 was able to get some notable different sounds from the SS3602 vs the V5i.

I don’t think there’s a lot of DAC/amps out there that also happens to be portable. Something to note of when you make a version 3 of this.

And thanks for the specific capacitor details. I’ll see if I can solder a new one on there. I’m assuming I can make it lie down with the longer ‘legs’ of the capacitor on top of that ‘brown module, yes?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.