xDuoo TA-10 intermittent clicking

Home Forums Ask your question xDuoo TA-10 intermittent clicking

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    IMancini
    Participant

I got my TA-10 and I love it so far but I’m not sure if it’s fully functioning properly.

The problem is most likely with the drivers (I’m on Windows 10)

I tried following this (https://www.xduoo.net/forums/topic/xduoo-ta-10-usb-driver/) and was able to successfully install the USB driver and get it working on my computer.

When I open the Xduoo USD audio device control panel it says that my version is 4.67.0.

The second part of the install instructions doesn’t work for me. When I open the XMOS USB audio 2.0 ST it simply says “no devices connected” so I can’t upgrade the firmware.

I still get sound out of the device, but I noticed that the device clicks occasionally. It’s the same click it makes when it turns on. It doesn’t interrupt the sound at all, but I figured it shouldn’t be doing that.

What can I do?

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hello, can you check the 4.67 driver’s window to see if it can recognize TA-10?

IMancini
    Participant

Xduoo control panel status

Infoabout

These are what I see when I open the xDuoo USB control panel. I can get audio from the device just fine (with the mentioned audio clicks in my above post).

But when I open up XMOS it doesn’t recognize anything:

XMOS

upgrade

Do these pics help?

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi, so, your TA-10 is the latest firmware, don’t need to upgrade it.

IMancini
    Participant

So is the intermittent clicking normal?

Also, it has disconnected and re-connected on me before.

There is also always a pop when I first play music after having it off for a bit.

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

If it’s just a click, it’s normal. This is the sound of the relay, because we’ll disconnect the relay at different sampling rates or other actions of the computer to prevent noise.

But if the USB is disconnected, it is not normal

IMancini
    Participant

The USB has only disconnected on me once.

But is there a way to get rid of the pop that happens every time I start to play music?

It doesn’t happen in between songs but only at the beginning.

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi,  the relay of TA-10 will on after 30 seconds of starting up, and there will be a sound, because the tube needs to be preheated

Bubblejunk
    Participant

I had the same problem and was so confused cause your guide to installing drivers state:
    “If the current firmware is V6.C5, please use the upgrade firmware “TA-10-A2”.”

and like IMancini’s xDuoo panel says Firmware V6.C5 and XMOS says No devices connected.

But as the xDuoo control panel works, audio works and I bought mine after this thread was made I probably can assume that mine is also new firmware already, you guys might wanna update the guide then.

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi, if the 4.67 driver can be recognized, there is no need to upgrade

Grim
    Participant

I connected dac to pc via usb, but the unit does click every time the sound plays and stops playing, is it normal? I have newest drivers, it only happens when connected to windows, tried with android and no clicks.

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi, it is normal behavior.  When the music is over, the play light goes out and the relay inside is off, so there is a clik sound

Grim
    Participant

It looks like DAC is turning off after few seconds when music or any sound ends. I have checked all USB power settings and everything is set no to turn off USB. Cant be DAC faulty? Or is it normal behavior?

branco108
    Participant

I want to ask everytime when i play song or album i listen come crack or pop from my headphones it is not click from uniot. I try several audioplayers what can be this problem? Cable or something with unit itself ? Thank you

xDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

It looks like DAC is turning off after few seconds when music or any sound ends. I have checked all USB power settings and everything is set no to turn off USB. Cant be DAC faulty? Or is it normal behavior?

Hi, it is normal behavior

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.