xDuoo X3 II does not read SD card

Home Forums Ask your question xDuoo X3 II does not read SD card

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dhugas
    Participant

Hello,

I did a firmware update, something went wrong and now X3 II can’t read the SD card. I can access the player, it recognizes when the SD card is pulled out or in (an information window appears), I can write/read/delete on the SD card but when I try to do an update from the SD it does not find or can’t access the card. The same happens when I try to format the SD card using the settings menu.

I’ve tried different SD cards and the behavior is the same: you can write on them with them inside the X3 II while plugged to the computer via USB or to the computer directly but when they are unplugged, the player cannot access them. All SD cards were FAT32 formatted. I’ve tried to reset it to factory settings using the menu option in settings but it doesn’t solve the problem.

That has rendered the device unusable because all music is stored on the SD and any update or file to arrange this has to be loaded with the SD, which then can’t be read. Is there any other way to repair this? I believe the error is software side, not hardware because the SD card can still be written on while inside the X3II and connected to a PC.

Thank you for your help.

xDuoo official
    Keymaster

Please try to format your SD card.

dhugas
    Participant

Hello again,

I’ve tried to format the SD card to FAT32 from PC -from X3II could not- and it didn’t work.

In the end a user in a forum has given me the solution: forcing a recovery through ADB, which worked. Now it’s recognizing the SD card again and I can update.

Thank you.

xDuoo official
    Keymaster

Ok, great to hear that you have solved the problem.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.