XP-2 Pro – Left and right stereo not working

Home Forums Ask your question XP-2 Pro – Left and right stereo not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I received my XP-2 Pro unit today and it is sounding completely mono. I have tried:

• Connecting on Windows (with the drivers) and Linux through USB;
    • Connecting through AUX input to a working source;
    • Connecting through Bluetooth;
    • Using different headphones;
    • Changing settings on Windows “xDuoo USB Audio Device Control Panel”.

Looks like the unit is working fine, but just don’t want to play stereo. There is samething that I can try to fix that, like force firware update ?

xDuoo OfficialxDuoo Official
    Senior Moderator

Hi, is the earphone plug plugged into the bottom

Participant

Hello. I had tested with differents cables and with the 3.5mm cable that came. And as you say, I checked now if it’s properly plugged, same results. I ran more tests and found some interesting behaviors:

• I got a RCA to 3.5mm cable and use it to connect the XP-2 Pro to an external DAC through the line-in, to use it as an amplifier. The XP-02 Pro is taking each RCA channel and pushing two both sides of the headphone. So I can watch videos (mono sound) with only one cable of the RCA pair connected. And listening to music, I can hear each recorded channel by unpluging one of the RCA cables.
    • Some user told me that the line-in port can act like a line-out too. So I did one more test turning the XP-2 Pro into USB DAC mode and connecting my headphones through the line-in port. As results, I checked that there is a separation through that port, but not completely. When I play a specific channel, it sounds in full volume on it, but in the other channel I still hear clearly the sound in half volume.

I checked all the functionalities of the unit. USB DAC mode, amplifier mode, bluetooth controls. Even the microphone is working, actually it is a really great microphone for a bluetooth device. But the “mono behavior” make it unpleasure to listening to music.

Senior Moderator

Hi,

ok, can you send it to us for repair?

Senior Moderator

Hi,

ok, can you send it to us for repair?

Participant

Found that prices for international shipping are a bit bureaucratic and costly here, from my country (Brazil) to China is over U$50, depending on the package dimensions. I purchased the unit on a Aliexpress store and I still making use of (videos through bluetooth Aptx Low Latency). So, should I try a partial refund on the Aliexpress platform ?

A doubt about other product. I bought a XD-05 Basic from this 11/11 but didn’t find information about the “optical input” connection type on the product advertising. I have a optical cable but it have square connector. Looks like the advertising shows images with a diferent type of connector, it is a proprietary cable ?

XD-05 Basic Optical Input

Senior Moderator

Hi, If you can’t send it back, then we have to send you a new one

Senior Moderator

Yes, the DIGITAL IN of XD05BASIC is supported coaxial input and optical input, it is 3.5mm round  optical fiber or coaxial

Participant

Interesting, didn’t know that a 3.5mm optical cable connector exists, thank you. So, should I send a message through “Contact Us” form with my address details ?

xDuoo officialxDuoo official
    Keymaster

Interesting, didn’t know that a 3.5mm optical cable connector exists, thank you. So, should I send a message through “Contact Us” form with my address details ?

Yes, please send us your email address via contact us. Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.